Outlook 2010 woes

Bryan Holloway bryan at shout.net
Thu Oct 13 14:53:19 UTC 2016

On 10/13/16 9:07 AM, Aki Tuomi wrote:

>> On October 13, 2016 at 4:55 PM Jerry <jerry at seibercom.net> wrote:
>>

>> On Thu, 13 Oct 2016 08:36:23 -0500, Bryan Holloway stated:
>>
>>> I also extended the "Server Timeout" setting in OT2010 to 10 minutes,
>>> which doesn't seem to help either. (!)
>>
>> Outlook 2010 is a very old version. Why not update to the 2016 version.
>> I am running it without any problems. If you do update, remember to
>> remove the old version completely first.
>>
>> --
>> Jerry
>
> I do wonder if the real culprit is some firewall that timeouts the idle connection.
>
> Aki

I considered that, but again everything worked fine until we moved them
from 2.1 to 2.2. Their same firewall is in use.

Is there a way to see the IMAP commands coming from the client? I've
tried looking at PCAPs, but of course they're encrypted so I can't see
the actual dialog going on between the server and client. I didn't see
an obvious way to do this in the docs.