Dovecot does not close connections

Benedikt Carda carda at two-wings.net
Fri Oct 14 12:26:06 UTC 2016

The state of the processes according to ps is "S" which means
"interruptible sleep" as far as I know?

What is also interesting is, that the processes, that seem to have this
problem are not shown with the owner name but with the user ID.

Normal imap process in ps aux:
username    10841  0.1  0.1   9148  3472 ?        S    13:18   0:04
dovecot/imap

Imap Processes that seem to be quite old already:
1405     11099  0.0  0.1   8072  2644 ?        S    13:23   0:00
dovecot/imap

But I am not sure if this is really linked to the problem.

Benedikt.