Warning: Sent SIGKILL to 100 imap-login processes

Ximo Mira ximo at openmomo.com
Tue Oct 18 08:47:01 UTC 2016

Hi,

Last night we tried a traffic bypass in an existing mail environment before migration to new Dovecot backend platfom using Dovecot proxy. We are using an LDAP value for checking the proxy host of the user.

POP traffic was running flawlessly, but IMAP connections started to drop when few clients connected:

Oct 17 22 :26:51 master: Warning: Sent SIGKILL to 100 imap-login processes

There are hundreds of these lines, always between 99 and 100 processes. Looks like some kind of limit, but not sure if its related to the Dovecot proxy machines (pool of 3 in total) or the final destination (the same IMAP server for +10000 users). Concurrect IMAP connections may rise to around 2000.

Thanks.