Migrating users from a 2.0.19 to a 2.2.24 installation

Gerben Wierda gerben.wierda at rna.nl
Thu Oct 20 19:55:28 UTC 2016

Hello,

I am currently still running an older dovecot (2.0.19apple1 on Mac OS X 10.8.5) and I want to migrate my users to a new server (macOS 10.12 with Server 5, which contains dovecot 2.2.24 (a82c823)).

Basically, I want to create a new server installation on the new server so I don't bring any junk over (new user accounts, with the same uid/gid (still need to figure that one out), but after I have done that I need to move the data over from the old instalation to the new.

Has anything changed in the formats between 2.0 and 2.2 that will stop me from doing this?

Thanks,