Server migration

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 06:27:46 UTC 2016

Il 24 ott 2016 5:11 PM, "Michael Seevogel" <ms at ddnetservice.de> ha scritto:
> I meant your old server. With "old" I was expecting something like Debian
Sarge or SuSE Linux 9.3. That would have been really old, but since you are
on Debian Squeeze, I would definitely choose the way with an upgraded
Dovecot version and its replication service.

Is 2.1 from squeeze-backports enough to start the replication over a newer
server with dovecot 2.2? Is this supported or both server must run the same
version?

I've looked around but the replication system is still not clear to me.
Any howto explaining this in details?