Server migration

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 07:29:11 UTC 2016

> If you are moving from 1.x to 2.x, I think you should make some trials
> first, and preferably move the user one at a time, blocking access to
> old server/new server during move. It is very forklift upgrade, much danger.

Yes, I'll do some test migration before moving the whole server.
Maildir structure isn't changed between 1.x and 2.x, thus all emails
should be safe.
I have to test the new 2.2 configuration to see if existing users are
able to log-in but how
can I test if existing client would be able to preserve the mail ids
without downloading everything again?