Panic: file dsync-brain-mailbox.c: line 358 (dsync_brain_sync_mailbox_deinit): assertion failed: (brain->failed || brain->sync_type == DSYNC_BRAIN_SYNC_TYPE_CHANGED)

Gilles Chauvin gilles.chauvin at univ-rouen.fr
Fri Oct 28 15:28:09 UTC 2016

Hi Timo,

On 28/10/2016 16:28, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> This code hasn't changed for quite a long time. So I don't think this is a new bug in 2.2.26. Can you try reproduce it easily? If yes, could you try if the attached patch fixes it?

The last time we played with Dovecot's replication was during the v2.1
era and we ended avoiding its use due to numerous bugs and serious issues.

Now, we are planning on migrating our Dovecot 2.2.18 VM to two physical
servers running the latest release and we thought it would be a good
idea to run some new tests, 4 years later, to see how it goes now! We
started our new tests some days ago with v2.2.25. This explains why, if
this problem isn't new, I wasn't able to report it sooner.

Back on topic: While typing the same commands as before, the problem
doesn't seem to reproduce after your patch was applied.

I'll let you know if it shows up again.

Thanks,
Regards,
Gilles.