Errors with count:User quota and NFS

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Oct 31 21:04:36 UTC 2016

On 31 Oct 2016, at 12:01, Tom Sommer <mail at tomsommer.dk> wrote:

> I upgraded to 2.2.26.0 and enabled count as quota backend, expecting the recent fixes to allow me to use the backend, however I get the following errors:
>
> Oct 31 10:52:13 imap(xxxx at xxxx.xx): Error: Transaction log file /mnt/nfs/xxxx.xx/xxx/indexes/dovecot.list.index.log: marked corrupted
> Oct 31 10:52:15 imap(xxx at xxxx.xx): Error: Transaction log file /mnt/nfs/xxxx.xx/xxx/indexes/dovecot.list.index.log: marked corrupted

These mean that something marked the index as corrupted. There really should be another error message logged about what did it and why..

> Oct 31 10:52:37 imap(xxx at xxxx.xx): Warning: Locking transaction log file /mnt/nfs/xxx.xx/xxx/indexes/dovecot.list.index.log took 31 seconds (syncing)
> Oct 31 10:52:37 imap(xxx at xxx.xx): Warning: Locking transaction log file /mnt/nfs/xxx.xx/xxx/indexes/dovecot.list.index.log took 31 seconds (syncing)

This just means something is being slow. Not necessarily a problem. Although it could also indicate a deadlock. Is this Maildir? Did you say you were using lock_method=dotlock?