Use of obox2 and AWS S3

Aki Tuomi aki.tuomi at dovecot.fi
Thu Sep 1 06:09:51 UTC 2016

On 01.09.2016 04:59, Raymond Sellars wrote:
> Hi
>
> Has anyone used or is using dovecot obox and S3 storage? I see very little chatter or documentation on it.
>
> Interested in how mature it is and technical items such as high availability and region replication.
>
> I'm guessing that multiple updates to a S3 mailbox is mitigated via the standard dovecot pattern of Director pointing multiple user sessions to a single/common dovecot node.
>
> And for disaster recovery - that's out of scope of dovecot and more reliant on S3 replication?
>

> Any one running a dovecot solution within AWS in general? Interested in best practice for the storage layer. Although NFS is possible its not really optimised for elastic cloud type hosting.
>
> Thanks
> Raymond

Hi!

Obox2 is a commercial product not available as open source, which is
probably why there is very little chatter about it. Obox2 itself is used
in many large installations at the moment and is considered mature. S3
is not that widely used.

If you are interested to find out more about obox2 I invite you to
contact our sales for more discussion.

Aki Tuomi
Dovecot oy