autoexpunge clarification

Michael Fox news at mefox.org
Thu Sep 1 13:53:03 UTC 2016

Thanks Philon.

In one of my situations, the potential for such old mail in accounts where the user is not receiving new mail or logging in is large.  For example, one application is for an emergency auxiliary mail service.  It can be heavily used during training, drills and, of course, emergencies.  But otherwise, any leftover mail will likely sit there until the next training, drill, or emergency.  The account is still valid and should not be removed.  But we'd like the mails to be removed so this old mail isn't dumped on the user the next time they connect, especially since some may connect via lower-speed radio links.

It looks like I'll definitely need to use the expunge plugin with a cron job.

Thanks again for the clarifications.

Michael