Cannot subscribe to Public mailbox

MI mi.lists.dc at alma.ch
Sun Sep 4 15:19:38 UTC 2016

Some progress was achieved by using symlinks to make the Maildir a subdirectory of
the public namespace location:

    mkdir /home/others/sharedmail/public-mails

    ln -si /home/others/sharedmail/Maildir/ /home/others/sharedmail/public-mails/.Public

and

    namespace {
           list = yes
           location = maildir:/home/others/sharedmail/public-mails
           prefix = Public.
           separator = .
           subscriptions = no
           type = public
    }

However, Postfix delivers new mails with mode 600:

    # ls -l /home/others/sharedmail/Maildir/cur
    -rw------- 1 sharedmail sharedmail 1596 Sep  4 16:25
    1472999138.V804I3c0028M764419.pe2:2,
    -rw------- 1 sharedmail sharedmail 1596 Sep  4 16:36
    1472999809.V804I3c002cM121024.pe2:2,

So I can now subscribe to the Public maildir, but still cannot read the mails...

I had the impression that using dovecot's lmtp delivery could help, but when I set
"mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:private/dovecot-lmtp" in postfix main.cf, mails are
rejected because my recipient maps / virtual_alias maps are ignored.

Would someone know what I have to do? I could (re-)try configuring dovecot ACLs, but
according to http://wiki2.dovecot.org/SharedMailboxes/Permissions it looks like it
wouldn't help:

    "If you use more than one UNIX UID <http://wiki2.dovecot.org/UserIds> for your
    mail users (e.g. you use system users), you'll need to make sure that all users
    can access the mailboxes on filesystem level. (ACL plugin
    <http://wiki2.dovecot.org/ACL> won't help you with this.) "

Basically, I have:

- email users are system users
- Postfix holds the email -> user maps (mostly in regexp or pcre format)

How can I have Public or Shared mailboxes?