Help setting up IMAP account in Outlook 2016

Spiro Angeli spiro at siriush.com
Thu Sep 1 07:15:12 UTC 2016

Hi,

I need help setting up mail clients for my email accounts running on dovecot
ver 2.2.18 on CentOS release 6.8 (Final) and Plesk Web Admin Edition in
Italian.

For better reading I posted a forum thread where you can get all detail
info:

Help setting up IMAP account in Outlook 2016 Forum link:
http://www.emailquestions.com/threads/help-setting-up-imap-account-in-outloo
k-2016.13439

I was advised to " ask dovecot list for help with the IMAP server. " So I
did and a user kindly suggested me to customize "15-mailboxes.conf " file.

I have some technical questions I need to ask. Hope someone knows the
answers.

As Plesk continuously updates itself and manages most of the server the
majority of CentOS fils report this lines on top of each file:

##

## Authentication for Plesk mail users.

##

# PLEASE DON'T EDIT ANYTHING IN THIS FILE! ANY CHANGES WILL BE LOST ON
UPGRADE.

So if I customize this "15-mailboxes.conf " I need to make sure that Plesk
does not overwrite. Also I need to make sure that it gets updated if Dovecot
changes in its settings.

So, my first question is: how do I manage to keep this "15-mailboxes.conf "
file updatable by OS (when I update system) but at the same time retain
customizations upon system updates?

Second question has to do with customization:

Please consult attachment for this question

a. I wish to see existing server folders (Draft, Sent, Spam, Trash) on my MS
Outlook mail client software only in Italian and not in English. What should
I do?
Roundcube displays them in Italian. AquaMail (on Android) displays them in
Italian.

b. I was told to solve this server wise and not mail box per mailbox. Is
this correct?

c. Can you please share a complete customized code, for my needs, for this
"15-mailboxes.conf " so I can learn from it?

Thank you,

Spiro