sieve - find in header

Hajo Locke Hajo.Locke at gmx.de
Fri Sep 9 06:35:57 UTC 2016

Hello,

thanks for your help.

Am 08.09.2016 um 22:13 schrieb Tom Hendrikx:
> On 08-09-16 20:51, @lbutlr wrote:
>> On Tue Sep 06 2016 07:25:38 Hajo Locke	<hajo.locke at gmx.de> said
>>> How to solve this case and find a string in arbitrary/unknown headerline?
>> You’ll have to create multiple sieves covering the possible headers.
>>
> Maybe when you tell what you're trying to achieve, we can give you
> better advice.
>
> Almost no one is looking for random strings in random headers, since
> headers are (somewhat) structured data. Could you share with us what
> string you are looking and why you don't know up front which header
> field you need to use to look for it?

We have a webmailer where experienced users are able to create
filterrules. They can can choose from a lot of predefined headerlines
and insert text to find. After that they choose a respective action.
To cover all cases we had a choosable option "complete header" to find a
string in every headerline without knowing the specific line. This is
done easily in procmail:

:0 H
* ^*searchstring

i agree that an option like this is needless and it was a mistake to
offer it.
If this is not achievable in sieve, we have to remove this
search-option. May be we replace by a kind of custom-headerline.

> Kind regards,
> 	Tom

Thanks,
Hajo