Problem with Dovecot and BlackBerry

lists at lazygranch.com lists at lazygranch.com
Thu Apr 6 07:50:53 EEST 2017

On Tue, 04 Apr 2017 11:07:26 +0000
Luca Bertoncello <lucabert at lucabert.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> i've got a strange behaviour with a BlackBerry Classic Phone (BBOS
> 10.3.2.2876) in combination with Dovecot 2.2.13 while trying to
> fetch mails.
>
> Before burying myself into debugging sessions, i try to get an
> understanding if the following is a Client- or a Server-specific
> error in the behaviour:
>
> CIGA8 UID FETCH 10009:10035 (UID FLAGS) (CHANGEDSINCE NOMODSEQ)
> CIGA8 BAD Error in IMAP command UID FETCH: Invalid CHANGEDSINCE
> modseq.
>
> Following the full conversation.
> ----
> * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID
> ENABLE IDLE STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN AUTH=DIGEST-MD5
> AUTH=CRAM-MD5] Dovecot on xxx ready.
> CIGA1 CAPABILITY
> * CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
> IDLE STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN AUTH=DIGEST-MD5 AUTH=CRAM-MD5
> CIGA1 OK Pre-login capabilities listed, post-login capabilities have
> more. CIGA2 ID ("os" "BlackBerry 10" "os-version" "10.3.2.2876"
> "vendor" "rim" "device" "Classic" "name" "bbimap")
> * ID ("name" "Dovecot")
> CIGA2 OK ID completed.
> CIGA3 LOGIN xxx xxx
> * CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
> IDLE SORT SORT=DISPLAY THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS
> THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT MULTIAPPEND URL-PARTIAL CATENATE UNSELECT
> CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDPLUS LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1 CONDSTORE
> QRESYNC ESEARCH ESORT SEARCHRES WITHIN CONTEXT=SEARCH LIST-STATUS
> SPECIAL-USE BINARY MOVE CIGA3 OK Logged in
> CIGA4 CAPABILITY
> * CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
> IDLE SORT SORT=DISPLAY THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS
> THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT MULTIAPPEND URL-PARTIAL CATENATE UNSELECT
> CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDPLUS LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1 CONDSTORE
> QRESYNC ESEARCH ESORT SEARCHRES WITHIN CONTEXT=SEARCH LIST-STATUS
> SPECIAL-USE BINARY MOVE CIGA4 OK Capability completed.
> CIGA5 LIST "" ""
> * LIST (\Noselect) "." ""
> CIGA5 OK List completed.
> CIGA6 LIST "" "*"
> * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." folder_a
> * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." folder_b
> * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." folder_c
> * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." sent-mail
> * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." folder_d
> * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." folder_e
> * LIST (\HasNoChildren \Trash) "." Trash
> * LIST (\HasNoChildren \Drafts) "." Drafts
> * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." folder_f
> * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." folder_g
> * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." INBOX
> CIGA6 OK List completed.
> CIGA7 SELECT INBOX (CONDSTORE)
> * FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft)
> * OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft \*)]
> Flags permitted.
> * 7 EXISTS
> * 0 RECENT
> * OK [UIDVALIDITY 1391686038] UIDs valid
> [...]

Is that the dovecot.log file?

Here is what  I get:

# dovecot --version
2.2.28 (bed8434)

bbos 10.3.3.2205

Sanitized log file below. I'd appreciate the moderator removing my post
if I let something slip.

Apr 06 04:01:02 imap-login: Info: Login: user=<me at mydomain.com>, method=PLAIN, rip=myip, lip=myserver, mpid=77887, TLS, session=<bunchachars>
Apr 06 04:01:02 imap(me at mydomain.com): Debug: Added userdb setting: plugin/=yes
Apr 06 04:01:02 imap(me at mydomain.com): Debug: Effective uid=1003, gid=1003, home=/var/mail/vhosts/mydomain.com/me