SELinux policy to allow Dovecot to connect to Mysql

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Apr 7 17:43:14 EEST 2017

As I have noted in previous messages, I been getting the following on my
new mailserver:

Apr  7 10:17:27 z9m9z dovecot: dict: Error: mysql(localhost): Connect
failed to database (postfix): Can't connect to local MySQL server
through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (13) - waiting for 25 seconds
before retry

They go away when I setenforce 0.  It is not a timing issue as I earlier
thought.

So I googled dovecot mysql selinux and the only worthwhile hit was:

http://zszsit.blogspot.com/2012/12/dovecot-mysql-selinux-issue-on-centos6.html

that provides a /etc/selinux/dovecot2mysql.te and other selinux stuff.

Is there a simpler way like a setsbool option?

With all the howtos on dovecot with mysql, it is interesting that none
of them seem to have this problem.  Maybe because they connect to mysql
through TCP port 3306 which has ITS set of problems (like MariaDB
defaults to not listening on TCP).

thanks!