How to use quota with dovecot

Aki Tuomi aki.tuomi at dovecot.fi
Tue Apr 11 13:46:54 EEST 2017

1

On 11.04.2017 13:36, Mik J wrote:
> Hello,Thank you to both of you for your answers.I just use imap.I'm going to look at your examples and 15-lda.confHave a nice week
>
>     Le Dimanche 9 avril 2017 17h44, chaouche yacine <yacinechaouche at yahoo.com> a écrit :
>

> On Saturday, April 8, 2017 9:47 AM, Mik J <mikydevel at yahoo.fr> wrote:
>> Then commented out in 90-quota.conf
>>
>> quota_rule = *:storage=1G
>>
>> quota_rule2 = Trash:storage=+100M
>>
>> quota_grace = 10%%
>>
>> }
>
> You also need to define what type of quota do you want, dict-based, maildir based, static (same quota for all)... Figure out what quota you want then add the missing "quota=" line. I configured maildir based quotas and the line looks like this on my config file :
>

> 90-quota.conf:
>
> quota = maildir:User quota
>
> This will create and maintain a maildirsize file in the maildirs. Of course, this doesn't work for mboxes.
>

>   -- Yassine.

Hi!

If you are using dovecot v2.2.19 or later, we recommend

mail_plugins = $mail_plugins quota # quota_clone

plugin  {
  quota = count:User quota
  ## if you need to store it in some sql or something
  #quota_clone_dict = proxy::database
  quota_vsizes = true
}

See https://wiki2.dovecot.org/Quota/Count and
https://wiki2.dovecot.org/Plugins/QuotaClone

Advantage of quota clone is that it keeps quota tracking in index files
and does not require dicts or any external files.

Aki