Can sieve feed mails to a pipe like procmail can?

Peter Kielbasiewicz murrxxa at arcor.de
Thu Apr 13 08:43:28 EEST 2017

Currently I use procmail to filter mails according to specific tokens and trigger certain actions.
For that I feed mails which match certain criteria to a pipe which then post processes the mail right when it arrives.
>From what I found I could use a workaround with sieve by storing mails somewhere and then work on those at certain intervals.
But this is an awkward solution which causes delays and extra work for locking and post processing.

I read that sieve be the more modern system but without the post-processing feature it is no replacement for procmail to me.

Peter