Trouble setting up dovecot/postfix/mysql with virtual mailboxes..

Michael Segel dovecot_mjs at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 13 22:40:40 EEST 2017

Hi,

I’m building a new linux box to replace my current DNS/Mail server for my SOHO.

I was going to set up postfix/dovecot/mysql so I can support virtual users. I also use Webmin to make admin easier.

I ran in to a couple of snags.

When I first got it set up, mail went to the virtmail user and I could use my Mac mail client to read the mail.
Everything was working when testing it.  I was working on my TLS certificates and I broke something.

I don’t know what I did, but now it’s going to the local mailbox instead. (MailDir folder)

Since most of my time is doing other things, I am hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

Thx