RSA key not found

Michael Segel dovecot_mjs at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 20 05:48:20 EEST 2017

I’ve got a couple of issues with a new mail server set up…

I’m getting the following error:
 warning: cannot get RSA certificate from file /etc/pki/dovecot/certs/<mycert>.pem: disabling TLS support

The problem is that <mycert>.pem isn’t an RSA ticket, but a X509 certificate. The RSA ticket is in /etc/pki/dovecot/private directory.  I checked both files and they are good certificates.

I’m using webmin to manage my server.

In webmin, the TLS certificate file is the X509 and the private key is the RSA file.

So why does Postfix check the certificate link for the RSA file and not the X509?

Thx

-Mike