V1 Dovecot POP3 index migrate to V3

Christian Balzer chibi at gol.com
Mon Apr 24 15:07:21 EEST 2017

Hello,

On Mon, 24 Apr 2017 14:48:01 +0300 Umut Arus wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've very old Dovecot version so I'm trying to migrate new disk and current
> version of dovecot. But POP3 accounts have "version 1"
> .INBOX/dovecot-uidlist files so clients download the messages again.
>
> How can achieve not to download to mailbox after copy to new disk? Is there
> any script or something to migrate index v1 to v3?
>
> thanks for your suggestions.

Have you actually looked at the configuration file in question
(20-pop3.conf)?
Setting "pop3_uidl_format = %v.%u" should do the trick and if you're using
maildir (we do) you can in addition set "pop3_save_uidl = yes" and in the
future change to different UID format.

Christian
chibi at gol.com   	Global OnLine Japan/Rakuten Communications
http://www.gol.com/