Problems with Dovecot to mysql socket with SELinux

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Apr 26 09:37:21 EEST 2017

Anyone here running Dovecot connecting to mysql through the mysql.sock
with SELinux enabled?

I am getting access errors that go away when I put SELinux in permissive
mode.  I cannot find any direct help on this.  Most howtos say to
disable SELinux; they just don't want to bother, and in part I can see that.

I have tried making a policy with allow2access and I get really bad
SELinux errors with that.

So I am looking to see if anyone else is running this combination?

thanks