Sieve dict and bindir question

Alessio Cecchi alessio at skye.it
Fri Apr 28 11:58:34 EEST 2017

Hi,

I have setup the latest Dovecot and Sieve with dict in order to read
rules from MySQL and works fine:

sieve_before = dict:proxy::sieve;name=activesql;bindir=~/.sieve-bin

dict {
   sieve = mysql:/etc/dovecot/dovecot-dict-sieve-sql.conf.ext
}

# cat /etc/dovecot/dovecot-dict-sieve-sql.conf.ext

connect = host=10.1.1.1 dbname=dovecot user=dovecot password=Ciao
map {
     pattern = priv/sieve/name/$script_name
     table = user_sieve_scripts
     username_field = username
     value_field = id
     fields {
         script_name = $script_name
     }
}
map {
     pattern = priv/sieve/data/$id
     table = user_sieve_scripts
     username_field = username
     value_field = script_data
     fields {
         id = $id
     }
}

But when I update the rules in mysql sieve continue to apply only the
"old" rules stored in the binary. The only way to apply the new rules is
to delete the .sieve-bin/activesql.svbin. If I remove
";bindir=~/.sieve-bin" works fine.

This is a cache issue and can be fixed via setting, is an issue or is a
"feature" :-) ?

Thanks

--
Alessio Cecchi