Corrupt index files

Bruce Guenter bruce at untroubled.org
Tue Aug 1 06:23:45 EEST 2017

On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 07:56:23PM +0300, Aki Tuomi wrote:
> Well, dovecot does not really guarantee access concurrency safety if you access indexes using more than one instance of dovecot at the same time.

Pardon my ignorance, but how does Dovecot handle when an IMAP client
connects multiple times concurrently? Does it not launch multiple
instances?

> Nevertheless, did you try w/o LizardFS, just to rule out any bugs or incompabilities?

Moving everybody off of LizardFS is not an option, and this has affected
many separate mailboxes. Now that we have implemented a director front
end (instead of just a semi-persistent load balancer), the instances
have been reduced, but it is still happening on accounts that are not
being accessed across multiple servers. I will see if I can pin these
down to a single server and move them onto non-shared storage there.

--
Bruce Guenter <bruce at untroubled.org>                http://untroubled.org/