Problem switching from LDA to LMTP (with Postfix)

Nikolaos Milas nmilas at noa.gr
Fri Aug 4 14:54:37 EEST 2017

On 4/8/2017 2:07 μμ, Alex JOST wrote:

> You are searching for the complete username (%u = user at domain) but it
> sounds like you only want the localpart (%n). See:

Thank you Alex,

You are right. After switching to LMTP, Dovecot receives from Postfix a
fully qualified username, whereas with LDA it was receiving a 'naked'
username.

Thus, although I had %u (instead of %n, see below) in my dovecot ldap
component, it was working right with LDA.

So, I had to change my dovecot ldap component so that it uses only the
username, i.e.:

     hosts = localhost
     tls = no
     base = ou=people, dc=noa, dc=gr
     scope = onelevel
     ldap_version = 3
     dn = uid=auth,ou=Sys,dc=noa,dc=gr
     dnpass = secret
     auth_bind = yes
     user_filter = (uid=%n)
     pass_filter = (uid=%n)
     pass_attrs = uid=user,userPassword=password
     auth_bind_userdn = uid=%n,ou=people,dc=noa,dc=gr
     user_attrs = roomNumber=quota_rule=*:bytes=%$,uid=home=/home/vmail/%n
     iterate_filter = (objectClass=*)

Cheers,
Nick