dovecot 2.2.28 password auth with openldap

Markus Rosjat rosjat at ghweb.de
Sun Aug 6 16:24:11 EEST 2017

Hi there,

I desperatly trying to store a BLF-CRYPT password hash in an LDAP
userPassword Attribute and get dovecot to authenticate against it.

I use a thunderbird as client and send the password plain with starttls.

what worked so far but is kinda problematic for my smtp authenticaton
was to store the has with the prefix {CRYPT} or {BLF-CRYPT}.

Is there a way to get dovecot to authenticate without storing the prefix
in the LDAP attribute ?

regards

Markus Rosjat    fon: +49 351 8107223    mail: rosjat at ghweb.de

G+H Webservice GbR Gorzolla, Herrmann
Königsbrücker Str. 70, 01099 Dresden

http://www.ghweb.de
fon: +49 351 8107220   fax: +49 351 8107227

Bitte prüfen Sie, ob diese Mail wirklich ausgedruckt werden muss! Before
you print it, think about your responsibility and commitment to the
ENVIRONMENT