Dovecot infrastructure

Simone Marx :: Edinet Srl simone at edinet.info
Mon Aug 7 10:14:16 EEST 2017

Hi,
I would need some suggestion for a dovecot based mail infrastructure.
Actually, only one server (with dovecot sendmail amavis spamassassin
clamav etc etc) is no longer enouth, so I thought I would put on a more
complex infrastructure on different servers.

But I do not know a few things.
I was thinking about partitioning users on 3-4 servers with dovecot
(imap / pop3) and dovecot-lda (no networked filesystem between them) and
then configuring 1-2 servers with dovecot director and 1-2 servers for
SMTP with postfix.
It is not clear how the director will map user -> server to be used and,
in a user virtualization context (maybe on MySQL) what is the owner /
permissions I should give to home folders where I will store mail

Thank you.
Simone.