is a self signed certificate always invalid the first time?

Larry Rosenman larryrtx at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 19:20:07 EEST 2017

Yes, yes, and yes.

This is what I do for https://webmail.lerctr.org, imap.lerctr.org, smtp.lerctr.org, et al.

Phone: +1 214-642-9640                 E-Mail: larryrtx at gmail.com
US Mail: 5708 Sabbia Drive, Round Rock, TX 78665-2106

On 8/9/17, 11:19 AM, "dovecot on behalf of Alef Veld" <dovecot-bounces at dovecot.org on behalf of alefveld at outlook.com> wrote:

    Cheers Remko and Ralph. I think there was some mention in the lets encrypt FAQ that certbot doesn't do email.

    But I understand I can use their generated very for dovecot, postfix and https? That would be good indeed.

    Anyone know of any manual, or can I just replace the certs in the dovecot and postfix locations with theirs? Do dovecot, postfix and apache all support .pem format?

    Sent from my iPhone