dict client auth-worker service count not obeyed?

Peter Mogensen apm at one.com
Thu Aug 10 12:04:30 EEST 2017

Hi,

I've noticed that in recent dovecot versions at least since 2.2.29 and
not in 2.2.12 a dovecot auth-worker will happily issue two
Lshared/passdb... queries on the same dict socket. Not always, but
sometimes.

It used to be that the dict client always closed the socket (AFAIK)
after 1 query. But now I see 2 queries issued on the same connection.

How does this work wrt. the service_count limit of the auth worker
process being default 1 ?? Is it not obeyed?

/Peter