Certificate cache on iOS with sending mail

Ralph Seichter m16+dovecot at monksofcool.net
Thu Aug 10 16:46:57 EEST 2017

On 10.08.2017 14:57, Alef Veld wrote:

> I generated a new certificate for dovecot, and ever since I have this
> weird problem that my iPhone can still receive mail but cannot send
> using that mailserver. Same for my iMac.

Mail is not sent through Dovecot, but through an MTA. Based on your
earlier messages I assume that's Postfix, and you should ask on the
Postfix mailing list. See http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html if
you want to receive an answer, folks on that ML tend to reply RTFM
otherwise.

> I'm wondering if there is any cache for a certificate or something

Apple Mail uses certificates from the macOS keychain. If you accept a
certificate, it will be stored there.

-Ralph