Certificate cache on iOS with sending mail

Larry Rosenman larryrtx at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 00:00:19 EEST 2017

Which mail client on iOS?

Phone: +1 214-642-9640                 E-Mail: larryrtx at gmail.com
US Mail: 5708 Sabbia Drive, Round Rock, TX 78665-2106

On 8/10/17, 3:58 PM, "dovecot on behalf of Joseph Tam" <dovecot-bounces at dovecot.org on behalf of jtam.home at gmail.com> wrote:

    Alef Veld writes:

    >> I'm wondering if there is any cache for a certificate or something, my
    >> maillog shows up something like 10 bytes read, -1.  So it returns an
    >> error.  I deleted the accounts and created them again, still no go.
    >>
    >> Anyone had anything similar before?

    On top of the usual mail set up problems (and it appears to be some
    SSL/STARTLS port number mismatch), setting up a iPhone/MacOSX mail client
    can be an exercise in frustration as cause and effect may not be
    synchronous.

    What can happen is that after setting up parameters, if they don't work
    (owing to misconfiguration or transient network problem), your mail client
    will start varying the mail parameters (port #, TLS/SSL parameters,
    with/without domain, etc.) in hopes of finding something that works.
    Sort of auto-discovery/auto-correction.

    All of a sudden, without apparent cause, it will bump into the right
    settings (which may co-incide with your original settings) and it will
    start working.  Uber confusing.

    I believe if you disable the "Automatically manage connection" feature, it
    will make your settings fixed.  This may not be the cause of your original
    problem, but at least you won't be trying to troubleshoot a moving target.

    Joseph Tam <jtam.home at gmail.com>