Certificate cache on iOS with sending mail

Alef Veld alefveld at outlook.com
Fri Aug 11 02:06:06 EEST 2017

macOS mail for sure, latest OS.
I know it's not a dovecot issue, but I can't be sure as this all started after I changed my dovecot cert. Does smtps using saslauthd through dovecot not have anything to do with it? (But tls in main.cf uses different certs.

Anyway the bizarre thing is that my MacBook still happily sends and receives mail. I noticed an additional error today though, SSL_accept error. This seems to coincide with the -1 error, it only reads a few bytes.

Something went wrong and I don't know how to fix it. I deleted the accounts, but it doesn't even verify it anymore. Dovecot works fine, but no more sending mail. All because I changed the dovecot cert seemingly.

So yes I think it's a local issue, and something is stuck in limbo. but no clue on how to fix it. The iPhone mysteriously started working again this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone