new install on Centos 7

voytek at sbt.net.au voytek at sbt.net.au
Fri Aug 11 15:50:59 EEST 2017

On Thu, August 10, 2017 6:35 pm, Peter wrote:

> GhettoForge has dovecot22 packages as well which provide the latest
> stable version of Dovecot for CentOS 6 and 7.

Peter, thanks.

I've followed GhettoForge's Postfix page, so far so good

but, I'm not that sure of getting dovecot22...

do I need to do a 'yum shell --enablerepo=gf-plus', followed by install,
run, quit; like for Postfix..?
or
rpm -i
http://mirror.ghettoforge.org/distributions/gf/el/7Server/plus/x86_64/dovecot22...
?

On Fri, August 11, 2017 5:46 am, Joseph Tam wrote:

> Or consider compiling it yourself from source.  It may be more work, but
> you get complete control over your versioning, your package dependencies,

Joseph, thanks

whilst I can see the benefits, I'm better stay withing my limits...
(as you can see from my Q above)