2.1 to 2.2.31 on new server?

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sat Aug 12 13:51:54 EEST 2017

Am 12.08.2017 um 10:57 schrieb voytek at sbt.net.au:
> I have a Centos 6 server with Dovecot 2.1.17/mysql/virtual domains
>
> I'm setting a new Centos 7 server, and, aim to install 2.2.31 from Ghetoforge
>
> dumb question, can I install 2.3 on new server, then, copy old
> /etc/dovecot tree to new /etc/dovecot ?
>
> appreciate any tips and advice,

There are several config option changes between dovecot 2.1.x and 2.2.x
(you certainly did not mean 2.3, right?), so you better review your
current settings and compare them with /etc/dovecot/conf.d/*.conf files
on a fresh install.

I am always when updating doing a diff between the older version
original config files and those from newer dovecot release to see what
kind of option may have changed or have been added.

Alexander