v2.2.32 release candidate released (on Debian 8/Jessie)

A. Schulze sca at andreasschulze.de
Wed Aug 16 23:57:33 EEST 2017

Am 15.08.2017 um 22:49 schrieb Timo Sirainen:
> https://dovecot.org/releases/2.2/rc/dovecot-2.2.32.rc1.tar.gz

my buildsystem complain on spelling errors
 - in binaries
	-> src/director/director-connection.c: reseting -> resetting
 - in manpages
	-> doc/man/doveadm-exec.1.in: wich -> which + No newline at end of file

patches attached.

one other point I notice (not new in this versions) are "warnings" from Debian lintian:

I: dv-dovecot: hardening-no-fortify-functions usr/lib/dovecot/auth
N:
N:    This package provides an ELF binary that lacks the use of fortified libc
N:    functions. Either there are no potentially unfortified functions called
N:    by any routines, all unfortified calls have already been fully validated
N:    at compile-time, or the package was not built with the default Debian
N:    compiler flags defined by dpkg-buildflags. If built using
N:    dpkg-buildflags directly, be sure to import CPPFLAGS.
N:
N:    NB: Due to false-positives, Lintian ignores some unprotected functions
N:    (e.g. memcpy).
N:
N:    Refer to https://wiki.debian.org/Hardening and
N:    http://bugs.debian.org/673112 for details.
N:
N:    Severity: normal, Certainty: wild-guess
N:
N:    Check: binaries, Type: binary, udeb
N:
I: dv-dovecot: hardening-no-fortify-functions usr/lib/dovecot/config
I: dv-dovecot: hardening-no-fortify-functions usr/lib/dovecot/director
I: dv-dovecot: hardening-no-fortify-functions usr/lib/dovecot/gdbhelper
I: dv-dovecot: hardening-no-fortify-functions usr/lib/dovecot/imap
I: dv-dovecot: hardening-no-fortify-functions usr/lib/dovecot/libdovecot-login.so.0.0.0
I: dv-dovecot: hardening-no-fortify-functions usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lib10_quota_plugin.so
I: dv-dovecot: hardening-no-fortify-functions usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lib20_fts_plugin.so
I: dv-dovecot: hardening-no-fortify-functions usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lib20_replication_plugin.so
I: dv-dovecot: hardening-no-fortify-functions usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lib99_welcome_plugin.so
I: dv-dovecot: hardening-no-fortify-functions usr/lib/dovecot/quota-status
I: dv-dovecot: hardening-no-fortify-functions usr/lib/dovecot/script
I: dv-dovecot: hardening-no-fortify-functions usr/lib/dovecot/script-login
I: dv-dovecot: hardening-no-fortify-functions usr/lib/dovecot/xml2text

the text mention "CPPFLAGS" which occour exact two times in my Buildlog:
 1. as parameter to configure
 2. in that warning

I read this as "configure get an evironment variable "CPPFLAGS" and completely ignore them.
full buildlog (for Debian Jessie, using aclocal-1.14, btw...) at https://andreasschulze.de/tmp/dv-dovecot_2.2.32~rc1-2017081601_amd64.build.txt

Andreas