Can't recursively delete mailboxes

Murray T. | Dreamscape murray.t at dreamscapenetworks.com
Thu Aug 17 09:31:14 EEST 2017

Hi,

This appears to be some sort of dovecot bug.  When I use the -r option to recursively delete a mailbox and sub-folders, it removes the sub-folders but not the inbox.  It gives me the error below:

doveadm mailbox delete -u denise at lifelinetechnique.com.au -r -s inbox
doveadm(denise at lifelinetechnique.com.au): Error: Can't delete mailbox inbox: INBOX can't be deleted.

Our user database is in ldap and I am using dovecot-ee v2:2.2.31.2-1.  Could you please acknowledge that this is a bug or let me know the correct way of recursively deleting a mailbox as there is nothing in the man page about the -r option.

Thanks

Murray

Regards,

Murray T.
Level 3 Project Manager

P: +61 8 9422 0894
F: +61 8 9422 0801
www.DreamscapeNetworks.com<http://www.dreamscapenetworks.com/>
[dreamscape]<http://www.dreamscapenetworks.com/>

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail and/or attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to other persons or use it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Dreamscape Networks.

Copyright (c) 2017 www.DreamscapeNetworks.com<http://www.dreamscapenetworks.com/>, All rights reserved.