v2.2.32 release candidate released

Joseph Tam jtam.home at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 02:25:34 EEST 2017

Timo Sirainen wrote:

Thanks for the reply -- I think I can now write a new config to test
these tasty features out.

>>> + mail_location can now include NO-NOSELECT parameter. This
>>>   automatically deletes any \NoSelect mailboxes that have no children.
>>>   These mailboxes are sometimes confusing to users.
>>
>> Sorry for my IMAP ignorance, but how can this situation come about?
>
> a CREATE noselectbox/
> --> With this change it's the same as CREATE "noselectbox" = will become selectable.
>
> or
>
> a CREATE noselectbox/childbox
> b DELETE noselectbox/childbox
> --> noselectbox is left behind. With this change it will be auto-deleted.

So, does that mean empty folders will be auto-deleted, or this wouldn't
affect them?

> I think already even with mailbox_list_index=yes it won't notice
> external changes done to the mailboxes when doing STATUS calls, so
> better to avoid that.  It does get fixed automatically once the folder
> is selected though.

I'm running it this way now (concurrent file and dovecot access) and most
users are blithe to it, so I guess it won't be too much worse.  I'll try
aggressive caching and back off if it causes confusion.

Thanks.

Joseph Tam <jtam.home at gmail.com>