Inconsistency in map index

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Aug 18 19:30:43 EEST 2017

On 18 Aug 2017, at 16.43, Webert de Souza Lima <webert.boss at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 9:03 AM, Aki Tuomi <aki.tuomi at dovecot.fi> wrote:
>
>> This is fixed in next release (2.2.32) with
>> https://github.com/dovecot/core/commit/c8be394
>>
>> Aki Tuomi
>>

> As this is still a release candidate, I'm thinking of running an isolated
> instance of this version, and do doveadm force-resync just to fix just this
> user's mailbox.
> What do you think?

That would work. Also as a different workaround you could just rm storage/dovecot.map.index* and doveadm force-resync -u user at domain '*'. Should be also safe to do (won't lose any information), although I guess it has some potential of race conditions causing temporary problems if the user accesses mails at the same time.