ot: self certified enduser browser/mail client install?

voytek at sbt.net.au voytek at sbt.net.au
Mon Aug 21 02:37:26 EEST 2017

I have self certified Dovecot as so:

ssl = required
ssl_cert = </etc/pki/dovecot/certs/dovecot.pem
ssl_key = </etc/pki/dovecot/private/dovecot.pem
userdb {
  args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-mysql.conf
  driver = sql
}

in order for end user to avoid webmail warnings or email client warnings,
do I make this file /etc/pki/dovecot/certs/dovecot.pem available to users
say under httpd://webhost/tld/certificate/dovecot.pem

and, tell users to import dovecot.pem (from
/etc/pki/dovecot/certs/dovecot.pem) into their PC/browser/mailclient
certs?

(sorry for dumb Q, but I thought I should ask before I commit some
fundamental stuffup)