Error: mdbox .../storage: Duplicate GUID

Dennis Schridde dschridde at kynes.de
Tue Aug 22 10:59:32 EEST 2017

Hi!

When I force-resync a mailbox of mine, I see following output:

# doveadm force-resync -u $USER $PATH
doveadm($USER): Warning: mdbox .../storage: Inconsistency in map index ($X,$Y2
!= $X,$Y2)
doveadm($USER): Warning: fscking index file .../storage/dovecot.map.index
doveadm($USER): Warning: mdbox .../storage: rebuilding indexes
doveadm($USER): Error: mdbox .../storage: Duplicate GUID $G in m.$N1:$N2
(size=$N3) and m.$N1:$N2 (size=$N3)
doveadm($USER): Warning: fscking index file .../storage/dovecot.map.index
doveadm($USER): Warning: mdbox .../storage: Inconsistency in map index ($X,$Y1
!= $X,$Y3)
doveadm($USER): Warning: fscking index file .../storage/dovecot.map.index
doveadm($USER): Warning: fscking index file .../storage/dovecot.map.index

Different numbers are represented by different $variables, e.g. $N3 != $M3 and
$Y2 != $Y3.

How can I fix this?  Since the two messages are not the same (they have
different sizes), I would expect a cleanup operation to give each message a
unique GUID and write both GUIDs into all places where the old GUID was
referenced.

I am using Dovecot 2.2.31.  Please CC me, since I am not on the list.

Best regards,
Dennis