doveadm client not compatible with this server (mixed old and new binaries?)

Pallissard, Matthew dovecot at pallissard.net
Wed Aug 23 23:19:33 EEST 2017

I've ran into this after an upgrade of one of my instances.  For whatever reason when I restarted the service there was still an old process hanging around.

Fully stopping the service, checking that there were no dovecot processes running, then starting it up again resolved the issue.

If that fails, turning off SSL within your doveadm/plugin blocks temporarily may reveal other errors.

Good luck.

--
Matt Pallissard