trouble compiling Dovecot 2.2.31 on Solaris 10 SPARC - libssl_iostream_openssl.so is not portable!

Joseph Tam jtam.home at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 00:08:16 EEST 2017

I would also check where the "... is not portable!" messaage is generated.
If it's done by the configure script, you can look at the test to give
you a hint as to why this message was generated.

For my setup, I did much the same as you but didn't have to set
the SSL_CFLAGS, SSL_LIBS environment variables, nor did I set the
--with-ssldir configure option (although your setup may need it).

Maybe check output of

 	file /Applications/openssl-1.0.2l.32/lib/libssl.so.1.0.0

just to make sure your library's arhitecture matches your expectation.

> # ./configure \
> --prefix=/Applications/dovecot-2.2.31.32 \
> --with-ssl=openssl \
> --with-ssldir=/Applications/dovecot-2.2.31.32/certs \
> --with-storages=mbox,maildir,imapc,pop3c

I believe "--with-storages" option is now obsolete: all the storage
backends are built, whether you ask for it or not.

Joseph Tam <jtam.home at gmail.com>