Proper way to enable plugin for some users

Ian Bobbitt ibobbitt at globalnoc.iu.edu
Tue Aug 29 23:38:32 EEST 2017

What's the best way to enable a plugin (in this case, mail_log) for only some users? I have this as a field returned in
my sql user_query that seems to be doing the job:

if(debug_log != 0 and '%s' = 'imap', 'listescape acl notify replication mail_log', 'listescape acl notify replication')
as mail_plugins

But it feels clunky and error prone having to replicate the entire list of plugins in my userdb. Is this the best way to
do it, or is there something I should be doing differently?

OS: CentOS 7
Dovecot: 2.2.31, GF RPMs