Dovecot lmtp doesn't log

Tomislav Perisic tomiperisic at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 16:30:44 EET 2017

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

initially logging was done via syslog, and the custom log file for mail.*
facility was /var/log/maillog. Everything was logged normally (dovecot
login logouts, sieve scripts, extra debugging lines) but nothing regarding
LMTP. I would receive the email in my inbox but I wouldnt be able to see
anything in the logs regarding this. After that i turned off syslog and
used the direct dovecot logging to a separate file. Again, it was logging
everything except of LMTP (mail debug is turned on).

Does anyone have a working configuration regarding this that they don't
have a problem with LMTP logging? If yes could you please send me your
config and dovecot version to compare.

Or if anyone has any other ideas.

Thank you.