mmap() Error, Invalid Argument - Double slash in path?

GE Junk junk.ge at planetmorgan.net
Sat Dec 2 18:56:30 EET 2017

Thanks Aki, this points me in the right direction.

To clarify (and for other novices like me that have a similar issue),
I'm running the mail server on a QEMU VM and using 9p passthru to access
a host folder where all mail is stored. According to the 9p docs, by
default no caching is used. There is a mount option "cache=mmap".

The current fstab entry is simply:

shares   /shares    9p  trans=virtio,version=9p2000.L,rw,user 0   0

I added the option:

shares   /shares    9p
trans=virtio,version=9p2000.L,cache=mmap,rw,user    0   0

And so far the log looks very clean! I suspect this could be the source
of my index.cache issues that were constantly occurring also.

If you spot or know of any traps in this reasoning let me know.

Thanks for the help!

Eric