Recommended tool for migrating IMAP servers

Paolo tech-lists at fcr.re.it
Mon Dec 4 17:46:00 EET 2017

Il 04/12/2017 14:33, x9p ha scritto:

>> Can I use this tool even if I do not know the other remote server
>> typology?
>>
> sure. just need both IMAP ports reachable and valid user/pass for both
> servers.
I think Davide was asking about dsync. If so, the answer is no: dsync
works only when both servers are Dovecot and needs some additional
configuration to work through the network (see
https://wiki2.dovecot.org/Replication).
I don't know about imapsync but I suppose it is a generic IMAP tool that
replicates mailboxes using IMAP protocol as a client between two servers.

Cheers
Paolo