dovecot (+sendmail) fails to get email into thunderbird

jo land joland9 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 17:38:23 EET 2017

I ain't able to get emails into my email application (thunderbird).

I use 143 Imap to connect which i have tested with telnet and was able to
login. But if i select the inbox with telnet it returns "0 EXISTS"

like so:

telnet 192.168.1.13 143
Trying 192.168.1.13...
Connected to sub.domain.net.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
IDLE STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN] Dovecot ready.
oper1 login update.site1 1234
oper1 OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID
ENABLE IDLE SORT SORT=DISPLAY THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS
MULTIAPPEND     UNSELECT CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDPLUS LIST-EXTENDED
I18NLEVEL=1 CONDSTORE QRESYNC ESEARCH ESORT SEARCHRES WITHIN
CONTEXT=SEARCH LIST-STATUS     SPECIAL-USE] Logged in
oper2 select INBOX
* FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft)
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft \*)]
Flags permitted.
* 0 EXISTS
* 0 RECENT
* OK [UIDVALIDITY 1513093097] UIDs valid
* OK [UIDNEXT 1] Predicted next UID
* OK [NOMODSEQ] No permanent modsequences
oper2 OK [READ-WRITE] Select completed.

My dovecot -n gist.pastebin
<https://gist.github.com/anonymous/db5c7d81e18cff8180f6484c8dcb2a54>

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/db5c7d81e18cff8180f6484c8dcb2a54