Recommended tool for migrating IMAP servers

Davide Marchi danjde at msw.it
Wed Dec 13 19:27:43 EET 2017

Sami Ketola wrote:> We run all our migrations using Dovecot internal
dsync. Usually using imapc connector to connect to legacy
> platform.
>
> Wqmi

Many thanks Wqmi!
Well, I've read the dsync documentation, but this warning has me a
little worried:

"Make sure destination is exactly as source, deleting/reverting any
changes in destination if necessary"

So I followed the Imapsync way, and all works fine.

I seem to have understood thatImapsync works as a traditional client,for
this reason also much easier to use and with less mistakes risk. And
anyway a software done very well ;-)

x9p wrote:> I do not believe imapsync has license issues. Its written in
perl and its
> hosted on github. You can pay for support if you want. and disable
> stats
> uploaded to their servers, via command line.

Well, clear, many thanks x9p!

Many thanks to all!

Davide

--