Pigeonhole implicit keep gets unfiltered message

Adam Weinberger adamw at adamw.org
Tue Dec 19 09:41:15 EET 2017

I'm getting a behaviour with pigeonhole that I wasn't expecting. Am I
misunderstanding the design?

I run my messages through a vnd.dovecot.filter. It's essentially this:

filter "spam_filter";
if spamheaders {
     fileinto "spam";
     stop;
}

Mail stored in the spam folder is the filtered version, but the
implicit-keep message is the original, unfiltered message. If I add an
explicit `keep;` to the end, it stores the filtered version into my inbox.

Based on the filter RFC, I was expecting the implicit keep to retain the
filtered version. Am I misinterpreting the spec?

# Adam

--
Adam Weinberger
adamw at adamw.org