Dovecot 2.3-rc1 SMTP submission proxy always gives TLS required error even when already using TLS

Michael Marley michael at michaelmarley.com
Fri Dec 22 20:04:10 EET 2017

On 2017-12-22 11:22, Michael Marley wrote:

> On 2017-12-21 16:48, Stephan Bosch wrote:
>
> Op 12/18/2017 om 9:44 PM schreef Michael Marley:
>
> First of all, I apologize for my accidental empty message earlier.
>
> I just set up the SMTP submission proxy in Dovecot 2.3, but whenever I
> try to connect to it, it always returns "530 5.7.0 TLS required." for
> any sort of AUTH or MAIL command.  This occurs even if TLS is being
> used.  It also occurs regardless of whether I connect with a real
> client (Thunderbird) or manually with openssl s_client and regardless
> of whether a loopback connection or a remote connection is used.  Here
> is the output of "dovecot -n".  Please let me know if I can provide
> any other data.  Thanks!
> Confirmed. Working on a fix.
>
> Regards,
>
> Stephan.

I can confirm that it works correctly in 2.3.0, thanks!

Michael

I think I spoke too soon.  It works correctly (requiring TLS but working
once STARTTLS has been done) for remote connections, but it also is
requiring TLS for loopback connections, even though the rest of Dovecot
doesn't work this way.

Michael