Renewing certificates

Joseph Tam jtam.home at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 02:46:01 EET 2017

Kenneth Porter <shiva at sewingwitch.com> writes:

> Thanks. Some digging indicates that this is equivalent to doveadm reload.
> Both paths ultimately send a SIGHUP to the server which initiates a full
> reload of the configuration.
>
> I'll be combining this with a restart of sendmail. Alas, I don't see a way
> to get it to reload its configuration.

Should be the same way: send a SIGHUP signal to the parent process.

 	http://etutorials.org/Server+Administration/Sendmail/Part+II+Administration/Chapter+14.+Signals+Transactions+and+Syslog/SIGHUP/

I'm not sure whether this will cause the sendmail worker processes to dump
their cients, but if it did, SMTP is fault tolerant enough that delivery
should be retried later.

Joseph Tam <jtam.home at gmail.com>